Monday, September 10, 2007

Get out!




No way, my garage is almost done!... Ryan and I decided last summer that we needed a new garage. We hired a guy named Arturo because he gave us a grand slam bid, it was amazing... Well because I am the door mat that I am, and Ryan's easy going nature, he took f-o-r-e-v-e-r...literally. Finally I made Ryan give him a date back in July that it needed to be finished by or else. (Yes, I did my dirty work through Ryan) So did he finish it? No! So I came home during lunch while he was working, a few days after the deadline, and was very pleasant and nice, and asked him to leave, and that I didn't want to work with him anymore...I know amazing, I can't believe I fired someone! Then I had to call my other amigo Urbano, and he came to the rescue, however he was at least up front and said he was a few months out. Now as of last Saturday, check it, I only need to pick out a garage door. I guess only?


I would like to give a shout out to all my neighbors that put up with the Heath's ghetto yard this last year, but we almost have it put together...almost.


I said almost...I swear I am botanically retarded. So I planted these feather plants last spring and they were oh so beautiful, and teeny tiny. Now they have grown to over 6ft tall, and kind of scary. I am just waiting for them to reach into my bedroom and eat me! Luckily they are annuals, I will just have to try again next year. Again, I would like to give a shout out to my neighbors..

4 comments:

jmb said...

I AM so proud of you for your upfrontedness (kind of) and look what you have now! It's beautiful. Good work, good work.

Jenni said...

The garage looks really nice. Your house looks cute. Since we have never seen it when we have been in SLC, you should post of picture of it. My neighbor has those same plants. They burn them to the ground every winter and they come back huge every summer!

{littlefam} said...

Nanetty - it looks awesome!

Sarah M said...

nan i didn't know you had it in you to be bold. congrats.