Monday, January 21, 2008

NEW YORK

For Ryan's 30th Birthday, I bought a trip to NY....I know, his birthday is in April, but unfortunately, our trip was delayed until the end of October. Ryan and I spent half our time upstate and half down in the Big Apple.

Here we are on the Hill Cumora right before the sun went down.

We woke up really early one morning and did the Palmyra tours and spent time in the sacred grove...so pretty..


I wanted to show Ryan the Niagra Falls, so Canada, there we went. I swear secretly Ryan wanted to go down it in a barrel...he was obsessed with those stories.











In New York City...we stayed at a "Bed-n-Breakfast"....basically, this lady is having a hard time making her $4000/month rent check, so she rents out this room to travelers... We had to tell the door men that we were past friends of the old woman. It was really just a tiny dance studio with a bed, and lots of mirrors.... Breakfast? Oh don't worry, she only had coffee. This is the only picture I have of the room...dang it!









Her place was right across the street from Central Park which we loved! It was so fun to go people watching early in the mornings. I just finished a book called, "Devil in the White City", and it tells the story of how Central Park was created...so interesting to be there and see it all.



We hung out in Times Square...

We watched 30 Rock being filmed in Rockefellar Plaza. We tried to sell this photo to US Weekly...















We check out the notorious NY Halloween Parade...interesting...too bad Vonny was on the other side of the street..
























We checked out CHICAGO...I had no idea what I had purchased prior...that was a surprise...We also saw WICKED...we loved it!































We met up with Vonny. I like to think that I fit in just like a local...me and my big map!





We walked across the brooklyn bridge...to eat at the famous Grimaldi's Pizzaria

We basically had a great time. We are excited to go back and visit...YES both Ryan and I.

1 comment:

jmb said...

Wow girl. This is some amazing catch up work you've done.BRavo